Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Some People Shouldn't Have Kids

So, I know the article on this story is really old, but when I was at work this weekend, someone was showing the video of the 2 year old smoking.  I at first thought that this was a joke.  After doing some digging, I found that it was true.  The parents gave this child his first cigarette at the age of 18 months.  What were they thinking?  Now at the ripe old age of 2 years old, he smokes 20 cigarettes a day.  The article states that his parents have offered to buy him a car if he quit smoking.  They should not have ever given her a cigarette to start with.  What would possess a parent to put their child in danger like that?  After reading more into this, I got very upset.  I personally think that people should have to take classes before they can become a parent. 
Their are so many people out their that would make great parents and would do anything to have a child and they can not have one.  Than there idiots like this that have a beautiful child and let him kill himself.
Don't get me wrong, their are some wonderful people out there that do not plan on having a child and they do and they are the greatest parents in the world.  I just think that these parents of this young child should have their child taken away until they go through classes or something.  The parents state that he gets grumpy if they don't give him the cigarettes.  Come on!  Who is the adult?  Let him be grumpy, all children get grumpy if they don't get what they want, but that is part of being a parent.  We are to protect our children.  We don't let them cross the street without holding our hands, we don't let them play with guns.  I just think something should be done.

1 comment:

  1. Smoking at 2? I can not believe people sometimes! I think people need to mature more before they have kids!

    ReplyDelete