Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Engagement of Prince William

This week for  my blog post, I want to talk about the engagement of Prince William and his longtime girlfriend Kate.  After dating for 8 years, he finally asked her to marry him. I would think that after 8 years of dating, he should know if she is the one.  This story has been all over the news for the past few days and it got me thinking.  I remember when his father and mother got married, it was the wedding of the century and everyone watched the wedding on television and talked about it for weeks.  Will this wedding be on the same scale, in this economy?  I wonder if they will spend the amount of money that Prince Charles and Princess Diana  did on their wedding ceremony. 


I really hope that they so a smaller wedding.  I thought that it was very romantic and sweet that he gave her the same ring that his mother wore.  I wonder how Kate felt about that.  Personally, I would have wanted my own ring.  It is not like he doesn't have the money to pay for one.  Maybe it would have been nice to put the stone in a different setting,  I sort of feel sorry for Kate now and hope that she does not go through all the problems with the press and being in the public eye that Diana did.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you, I would much rather have my own ring, but it was a cute thought. I am sure they will have an extravagant wedding too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she will be in the public eye. I don't think she will be able to anything about it. BUt giving her his mothers ring, thats a gutsy move.

    ReplyDelete