Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Western Technical College Polices

Yesterday was my day to register for spring classes, I only could get one class that I need.  I am getting so upset with this college.  First of all, I took Chemistry this summer and passed with an A.  According to the computer, I still need to Chemistry.  I took this class at WTC!  If I had not passed Chemistry, I would not be enrolled in A & P.  I have gone into the Enrollment Center 6 times to get this fixed.  It is still not fixed. This is very frustrating!!

Also, the policy that classes are reserved for students in programs is nuts.  Some students have enrolled in a program that does not have a waiting list, just to get into a class that they need for another program.  Then once they are in the class, they drop the program.  Or they get into the class and do not put forth the effort that is needed to pass the class and they fail and have to take the class again.  Which they can do, because they are in a program.  Meanwhile, students that work their butts off can't get into the class because they are not in a program.  But, they can not get into the program, because they need the class. I do not believe any of these classes should be reserved, it should be first come first serve.  I think that people would work harder.  And if they take a class and fail it, they should have to wait to get into the class again.

This is all so frustrating!!  If you are going to put out the money to go to college, at least put forth the effort, or don't take up the spaces that people who really work at the class and want to get through college as soon as they can.  So all you students out there, if you are going to take a class put 100% into it, because someone else would really like that spot.

1 comment:

  1. I am unable to register until monday the 13th. I am affraid I will not have much of a choice for classes, I was put in a graphic design class this semester. I have no need for this class, but that was one of the only classes left open.

    ReplyDelete